Monday, March 22, 2010

24 - A Race of Wheelbarrows

The bitch of it was, the new wheel didn't fit the old axle.  A few years ago I tried grinding the old axle down, but then realized it wouldn't fit the brackets any more.  So I let it go, and got by with one old wheelbarrow that needed its tire pumped up all the time.  Tried repairing that, but that didn't work either.

The New Brace

No, I don't know why, cause now that's fixed.  One good old wheelbarrow.  Plus I went around and found a piece of threaded 5/8 tube stock that worked fine as a new axle.  Two good old wheelbarrows.  Just before all that, to keep the ol' lady happy, I finally relented and bought a new wheelbarrow.  So now, instead of one that's flat all the time, I've got three.  I feel like Kim Jong Il after getting some new rocket launcher trucks.  And what do you call a bunch of wheelbarrows?  A bunch?  A phalanx?  A regiment?  No, I came up with a better term.

The New Race

2 comments:

  1. That's one spiffy concatenation of wheel barrows. I like me that nice orange one with the all-weather tire on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking some skateboards trucks and a hill, we could have us a race.

    ReplyDelete