Thursday, March 11, 2010

13 - Desert Winds

Vegas was built by selling the unglamorous hordes a tease of what they desire but rarely if ever giving it to them. Most of the come-ons and advertisements and flashing lights look dull to me, tarnished somehow. Some of the architecture is brilliant, but its appeal is completely lost once you see it as the façade through which the self-deluded have been self-denuded.

Summary: A friend from Sac and I went around last night. Today I got some exercise, and walked to the Convention Center for the the IWCE tradeshow. We'll hook up again tonight. I'm pretty whoop de do about the whole thing but maybe that's just me.

These pics from last night and today capture this place better than I can right now.

She looks away in shame

Faces pushed against a stone wall

Disembodied heads lost in the program

No comments:

Post a Comment