Saturday, April 3, 2010

36 - He Calls Me Uncle Don

The boy is so smart, cheerful, intense, and good-looking I have to post a picture from earlier this past week and reprise an old blog post title. Children are the single blessing, the single accomplishment that makes any otherwise purposeless time spent on this planet completely worthwhile. I have countless fond memories of mine being this age -- that was let's say about 1995 -- and certainly wouldn't mind an occasional revisit to that time; but of course they've grown on and knowing them now is an experience as enriching as at any other age. No matter what else I do or don't do, having partnered in raising a couple replacements justifies my every breath. I hope this young man's parents have cause to feel that in their hearts for the rest of their lives too.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Old Boy. Daring Dayton does make EVERYTHING I go through worth it. So does his sister Princess Mariko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thanks much Jane, on his behalf! That's a wonderful compliment.

    ReplyDelete