Nobody walks in LA, but Zen, UV and I did. Native CA’an and I’d never been to downtown LA. Now I know I hadn’t missed much, but it’s an interesting place. I like the architecture: All these buildings evoking the heady money-flowing days when oil and automobiles and moving pictures and airplanes were rapidly changing the world, with LA brashly at the center of it. But they’re a bit careworn eighty years later and business is not the same. Fairly low value business, actually. They tell the same story as every other city center in this country, and make a fine architectural palimpsest while they’re at it.
A bit gaudy on the upper storey decorations.
Insulators no longer needed above Olvera St.
Tree stump in sidewalk, motorcycle chain, padlock
Reflection in Cathedral
Posting will be spotty for a few days as opportunities will be scarce. Probably I’ll make up for it with pre-dated posts later, and maybe no one will notice. But for now, that’s it. A bit strung out from a long and indescribable day.
Fast times at the Light House
Looney, Zen, UV, Hip Liz
So glad you're posting these, Don. I <3 this last picture though I don't know... do I know who "Looney" is?
ReplyDelete