Monday, April 5, 2010

38 - Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot

I went to LA.


I saw a huge donut.


And some kind of massive expedition truck on the freeway (???).


And met the Amazing Dr Zen and the Incomparable Paula, who is up with him putting for the time being, while he is in-country visiting. Dr Zen and I have known each other many years, long enough for him to call me in the heat of political debate a stupid c*nt more times than I can count, and Paula many years too, though she’s never called me a bad name, but we had never met. It’s wonderful to meet people who have been words on the screen, personae in a sort of virtual reality, in a social networking space since before the term was coined, to finally meet them and put flesh to blood. Dr Zen is a shade taller then me. Of all things, I did not expect that (I’m six one).


We drank and went to dinner and drank some more and late into the night watched DR deal with the insane bitches on plentyoffish dot com.


Paula thought it amusing.

1 comment: