As seen from a passing train
Four nights of insufficient sleep have done their work. I'm just trying to stay alert enough to sit at dinner and not slide out onto the floor. A mint julep made at my brother's strength may have contributed to this state.
Looking forward to whatever the weekend brings. The festival food and restaurant review lady on TV said something about shrimp and alligator sausage cheesecake. Yeah, that's what I said. There is just too much to love about this town.
Took a walk round the nabe. Most of it's from the 1880s and up, with infill from the 1920s, the 1980s, etc. This means the buildings and sidewalks and trees are mature, to put it one way, and very interesting, to put it another. And friendly, needles to say. Where? If you is curious where we at and like maps and such, we at somewhere round the corner of Napoleon and Magazine. Near there. I ain't saying exactly.
An oddly phallic nearby front yard

Me'n my brother'n law Dewayne--he has the tow truck?--we been down there a time or two. Gitcha some o'them wild wimmin down'ere . . . but, CHECK! I ain't KIDDIN'.
ReplyDelete